Eggs can be a healthy addition to anyone’s diet. Deviled eggs, on the other hand, might not be. Typically, deviled eggs are made with mayonnaisse, which is a very unhealthy food. This recipe will provide an alternative and healthier way to cook deviled eggs. This recipe can serve up to six people and will take about 25 minutes to cook.
- 2 Tbsp of cilantro
- 1 lime
- 0.25 Tsp of cumin
- 0.25 Tsp of chili powder
- 0.25 Tsp of garlic
- 0.25 Tsp of pepper
- 0.25 Tsp of sea salt
- 1 avocado
- 4-6 eggs
- 0.25 Tsp of smoked paprika (optional)
- Add 4-6 eggs to a medium sized pot, and add water until the eggs are covered.
- Let the water boil, and then remove the pot from the heat.
- Cover the pot and let it sit for 12-13 minutes.
- Add ice water to a large bowl.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the eggs to the bowl, and then let the eggs chill for 5 minutes.
- Remove the shell from the eggs carefully.
- Cut the eggs in half along the length, and remove the yolk.
- In a different bowl, put all of the spices and the avocado with the yolk.
- Mix the spices, avocado, and yolk together until the consistency is the same throughout the filling.
- Place the mixture into the craters in each half of the eggs.
- Drizzle lime juice over the eggs.
- Put the freshly chopped cilantro on top of the eggs to garnish.
This snack has less than 200 calories and is packed with a bunch of nutrients, such as Vitamin K and protein. This recipe is gluten free and ketogenic diet friendly.