These deliciously cheesy taco rolls are great finger foods with 100 percent cheddar cheese shells, making them tasty, low-carb, high-fat, and keto-friendly!
- Calories – 491
- Carbs – 2 grams
- Protein – 37 grams
- Fat – 35 grams
- Two cups cheddar cheese
- One cup taco-seasoned beef
- Half an avocado
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- Two teaspoons taco sauce
Honestly, you can add any other topping ingredients you like. Onions, cilantro, olives, and any other low-carb items can be added.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place parchment paper onto a small baking sheet. Make sure to leave a little extra on the sides to help lift the cheese up off the sheet when it’s finished.
- Use a little non-stick cooking spray or butter to grease the parchment paper. This is particularly important around the edges.
- Cover the baking sheet with a layer of cheddar cheese. About two or three cups usually does the trick.
- Throw it in the oven, figuratively of course, and bake at 175-degrees Celsius for about 15 minutes. The cheese should be lightly browned and bubbling on top.
- Take it out of the oven and gently slide a thin spatula under each of the edges and then underneath the middle. If you’re unable to do so, put it back in the oven for a few more minutes.
- When the spatula trick succeeds, add the taco-seasoned beef and bake in the oven for a few more minutes until it heats up.
- While it’s in the oven for the final time, combine your toppings and other ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- When you remove the cheesy, beefy baking sheet from the oven, hold the sides of the parchment paper to remove it from the sheet.
- Add a layer of the cold toppings.
- Slice with a pizza cutter. Generally yields 3-4 slices.
- Roll each slice and voila!
There you have it; delicious keto-friendly cheesy taco rolls in less than 30 minutes!
This is an easy recipe. Wouldn’t you agree?
If you want to make more for a party, simply use a bigger baking pan. Since the recipe only calls for a cup of taco meat and two cups of cheddar cheese, you should have plenty leftover of each.