Keto enthusiasts always appreciate a new, keto-friendly dessert, particularly one that not only tastes super rich, creamy and delicious but is packed with nutrition as well.
Next stop on the desert train: Chocolate, Avocado Mousse.
First, why avocado? Traditional mousse is made from whipped egg whites, which, owing to the raw egg component, is worrisome to many people. So instead, they substitute whipping cream for the egg whites. The problem here, of course, is calories. So believe it or not, we bypass both options and use avocado.
Trust me here, you won’t taste the avocado in this recipe, and can enjoy a delicious, satisfying, no-sugar treat in 5 minutes.
Nutritional Content (Per Serving – Makes 6 Servings):
- Calories: 160
- Carbs: 10.5 grams
- Fat: 14 grams
- Protein: 3 grams
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of coconut cream
- 1/2 cup of powdered, no-calorie sweetener
- 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- A pinch of sea salt
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Put everything into a blender or food processor and whip until smooth
- Be sure and use ripe avocados
- Be sure and use powdered sweetener, otherwise your mix will end up with a crunchy texture
- Be sure and blend everything until its nice and creamy
- Pour the ingredients into small shot glasses or small bowls.
- If you like, you can freeze the ingredients and thaw them out later
It’s So Easy!
This recipe is incredibly easy, takes just five minutes to prepare, and the results are utterly delicious. Not only that, but you can use the basic techniques to produce many other types of mousse combinations.
For one thing, you can add peanut butter to the basic mix in order to add zing to the basic recipe.
Then consider trying other combinations and recipes of mousse. With the avocado as the base ingredient, some people substitute caramel sauce instead of using cocoa. Another variety is to use fruit juice. Blackberries, strawberries, and raspberries make delicious flavourings substitutes for chocolate. Some people like to use coconut to the mix for a tropical treat.
Deserts and keto do not have to be boring. Just use your imagination.