What would you say 20 years ago if someone told you fat was actually good for you?
Maybe you’re a millennial in search of cutting-edge nutrition and weren’t around back then, but let’s just say the notion of healthy fats is a rather recent health revolution!
The truth is…
Fat is actually GOOD for you. In fact, reams of research has proven the benefits of ketosis and low-carb, high-fat diets many times over.
As more and more people are learning about ketones and waking up to that fact, awesome fat-packed meal and snack ideas are showing up everywhere. Ever hear of a fat bomb?
These little balls of creamy, buttery goodness are quickly becoming all the rage. Simply make up a batch on Sunday afternoon to boost your ketones and blast fat all week long, or so they say. But are fat bombs the best way to get your fill of healthy fats?
What are Fat Bombs?
Fat bombs include a mixture of ingredients often including coconut oil, butter, seeds, and nuts. They were created especially for those following keto diets, but more and more people are giving them a try as they come to grips with the notion of eating fat to lose fat.
Devotees of keto diets eat a diet low in carbs and high in fats in order to induce ketosis and burn fat rather than carbs.
Packed full of nothing but healthy fats, fat bombs are the perfect snack for anyone looking to blast fat away one delicious treat at a time.
Fat-Burning Fat Bomb Recipes
Chocolate and Peppermint Fat Bomb
Craving peppermint ice cream? If so, this minty and chocolatey fat bomb will definitely hit the spot. It’s easy to make, tastes like an Andes chocolate, and will boost your ketone levels in no time at all!
- 125 grams of coconut butter
- Two tablespoons of cacao powder (raw)
- One teaspoon of stevia
- 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract
- A pinch of salt
- Mix all ingredients together. For extra texture, add a sprinkle of coconut flakes throughout the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cube tray.
- Place in the freezer for an hour and afterwards, enjoy.
Talk about cool, creamy, and easy!
Chocolate Almond Butter Cups
Almonds and chocolate go together like peanut butter and jelly, so when you’re in need of a ketone boost and a sweet treat, these chocolate almond butter cups are sure to do the trick.
- One cup of sugar-free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of room temperature almond butter
- 1/4 cup of softened butter
- 1/4 cup of room temperature coconut oil
- Two tablespoons of whipping cream
- Melt the sugar-free chocolate chips with the heavy cream in a saucepan.
- Drop a teaspoonful of the creamy melted chocolate into ungreased peanut butter molds.
- Tilt the molds to make sure the bottoms and sides are covered.
- After filling each mold, place in the freezer for 15 minutes to set.
- While the molds are cooling and setting, whip the coconut oil, butter, and almond butter.
- When hardened, remove the molds from the freezer and put a spoonful of the whipped almond butter mixture on top of each one and smooth them out to form a nice flat surface.
- Finish them off by putting spoonfuls of the remaining chocolate on each.
- Place in the freezer for about a half an hour.
- Serve them cold and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy these fat bomb recipes. There are hundreds more to choose from as well. Combined with Pruvit’s KETO//OS supplements and a keto-friendly diet, you’ll burn fat, lose weight, and feel better than ever before.