While most fish are healthy to eat, salmon is one of the healthiest options available. It is full of Omega-2 fatty acids that can help improve mood, cognitive function, and vision. This recipe will make two servings and will take about 45 minutes to cook.
- 1 Tbsp sugar-free ketchup
- 2 Tbsp white wine
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tsp minced ginger
- 1 Tsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 10 oz. salmon fillet
- Mix 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar, 2 teaspoons of minced garlic, 1 teaspoon of minced ginger, and 1 tablespoon of fish sauce in a bowl.
- Cut the salmon fillet into square shapes.
- Put the sliced salmon into the liquid mixture with the scales facing up. Be sure to coat both sides of the salmon though.
- Allow the salmon to marinate in the liquid mixture for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the salmon is done marinating, heat a pan and put the 2 teaspoons of sesame oil on it. Ensure that sesame oil covers the whole pan in the sesame oil.
- Put the salmon in the pan scale side down when the pan starts to smoke.
- Cook the salmon until the scale side is crispy and brown, then flip the salmon to cook the other side. Each side should take around 4 minutes.
- Add the rest of the liquid mixture to the pan after the salmon is flipped.
- Once the salmon is cooked, take it out of the pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sugar-free ketchup and 2 tablespoons of white wine.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Put the sauce in a container that can be served on the side.
- If desired, garnish the dish with sesame seeds and freshly chopped cilantro.
Each serving will have 370 calories, 23.5 grams of fat, 2.5 grams of carbohydrates, and 33 grams of protein.