When the summer heat is on, it’s so tempting to grab a tasty popsicle out of the freezer, only to stop yourself when reading the label. Yikes! Nineteen grams of carbohydrates in one little bar, and 14 grams of sugar!
But relax fellow ketonians, you can have your cake and eat it too. Or more precisely, have your delicious, cool, and refreshing treat in the way of Key Lime Popsicles and not fall off the keto bandwagon.
Best of all, these delightful popsicles can be prepared with only five ingredients and are a snap to make.
Another plus is that these guilt-free treats are completely suitable for those who don’t include animal protein within their diet.
- 1 can of coconut milk (about 200 grams)
- 1/2 cup of crushed avocado
- 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla flavored stevia
- 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla powder
- Since the batter is made of coconut milk, which is almost totally made of fat, it will be very thick. This is completely normal. Use a spoon if you have trouble getting the batter in the popsicle molds
- Pour all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
- Pour into popsicle molds
- Insert popsicle sticks
- Freeze for approximately 4 hours
Nutrition Per Popsicle:
- Calories: 100
- Carbs: 2.5 grams
- Protein:1.5 grams
- Fats: 10 grams
Key lime isn’t your thing? Dreaming about chocolate, caramel, watermelon, cantaloupe, mango or mixed berries? And don’t forget the coffee flavors…
Feel completely free to experiment. With the coconut milk as the base and plain stevia for minimum calorie sweetness, you can be the envy of every keto fanatic with a wide variety of cool but refreshing treats you can create at home.
Not only are they nearly effortless to create, but given store bought treats are nearly $1.50 each and have four times the carbs and sugar, you can save a lot of money.
Guiltless popsicles are a treat that the entire family can enjoy, whether they follow a keto diet or not. And you can rest easy, particularly during the summer, knowing that relief from the heat is just a few steps away from your refrigerator.